DJEC undertakes applications under the National Environmental Management Act, 1998 (Act No. 107 of 1998) ("NEMA"), as amended; the National Environmental Management: Waste Act, 2008 (Act No. 59 of 2008) ("NEM: WA"); the National Environmental Management: Air Quality Act, 2004 (Act No. 39 of 2004), as amended ("NEM: AQA"); and the National Water Act, 1998 (Act No. 36 of 1998).
We specialize in the following:
- Compilation of Environmental Management Plans & Programmes (EMPs) including Construction, Operational and Maintenance Aspects;
- Co-ordination of Specialist Baseline Studies and Constraints Analyses;
- Co-ordination of Environmental Aspects of Projects;
- Site Selection;
- Facilitation of Environmental Management of Construction Sites which includes Environmental Control, Monitoring and Auditing;
- Basic Assessments;
- Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA);
- Waste Management License Applications;
- Air Quality License Applications;
- Amendment Applications;
- Public Participation Processes;
- Rectification Assessments (S24G Applications);
- Ad hoc Setback Line Applications;
- Environmental Awareness Training;
- Air Quality Monitoring;
- Dust Fall Monitoring;
- Water Use License Applications.
We have a team of full-time consultants who are involved in EIA work and have many years of experience in the field. In addition to the expertise offered, the firm has built up a network of experienced specialists whom we can call upon to assist in projects, as required.